Education and fun for tech savvy children.
With many children staying at home from school, it can be difficult to find engaging home education and safe, recreational fun for them that doesn’t cost a fortune.
If you have access to modern communications technology, your kids can access a wealth of safe, educational and totally free activities on your computer, tablet and even with just a smart mobile phone!
Here is a list of online resources that your tech savvy kids can get into to keep their brains engaged and learning.
- Podcasts – so many to choose from. Here are some examples of Australian podcasts for your kids:
- Little Yarns (indigenous language)
- BTN Behind the News
- ABC Classic Kids
- Fierce Girls
- Imagine This
- Short and Curly
- But Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids
- Flyest Fables
- Audio books – there are thousands to choose from!
- Netflix for Education – create a new profile on your Netflix account called “school/education” and only have educational shows to choose from on there. Examples can be found in this article at https://homeschoolhideout.com/educational-shows-on-netflix/
- Educational websites
- TEDEd Lessons – https://ed.ted.com/lessons
- ABC Education – https://education.abc.net.au
- National Geographic Kids – https://www.natgeokids.com/au
- Wonderopolis – https://www.wonderopolis.org
- Scholastic – https://www.scholastic.com.au
- Funbrain – https://www.funbrain.com
- Random House Kids – http://www.rhcbooks.com
- ABCya – https://www.abcya.com
If you are living on a limited income and don’t have the funds to acquire a computer, tablet or mobile phone you may be eligible for a fee-free, no interest NILS loan. Call us on 6621 7397 or email email@example.com for more information.
There’s so much great, stimulating and free online content out there for children – get into it!