Administration Assistant – Rainbow Region Kids
Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a not-for-profit, QIP accredited community organisation providing welfare and community capacity building services. We are a person-centred and values-driven organisation.
Our services are aimed at alleviating disadvantage. We are committed to social justice and to the financial and social inclusion of every human being.
We are now recruiting for the permanent part-time position of Administration Assistant for our Rainbow Region Kids services.
Rainbow Region Kids provides accredited before school care, after school care and vacation care. Developed with the ‘my time our place’ framework it provides government subsidised child care programs for school aged children.
This role is required to work 18 hours per week over 3-4 days (negotiable) and must be available to work on Mondays and Fridays. Remuneration is aligned with the SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 2. The role is based in Lismore.
In addition to salary, we offer the following benefits:
- Salary sacrificing entitlements
- Bonus leave at Christmas
- Access to staff wellness program
- Professional training and development
About the ideal person for this role
Our organisation is looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values:
We are looking for individuals with administration and time management skills and an ability to contribute to our positive team environment.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a national police record check and provide copies of relevant qualifications.
Key role responsibilities
- Under general guidance, maintain Quick Kids accounting system with all data including enrolments, bookings, attendances and submit weekly attendances and inclusion support hours
- Work within a continuous improvement and quality assurance framework to follow, develop and improve policies and processes
- Fulfill all Quick Kids accounting responsibilities with required timeframes including producing quotations for fees, invoicing, providing receipts and reconciling monies
- Prepare reports for Manager and CEO as requested
- Undertake general administration tasks including responding to all enquiries, record keeping, filing, auditing of data
- Work productively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Network, build and maintain relationships with schools, families and other key stakeholders
Key selection criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business administration or related field with relevant working experience
- Demonstrated organisational skills and capacity to work flexibly and within tight timeframes
- Attention to detail and ability to consistently produce quality work
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate in person, over the phone and by email to a diverse range of people
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft and database programs
If you have any questions relating to the application process, contact Kathleen Oliver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (02) 6621 7397, extension 129.
For more information about the position details, contact Helen Hall by emailing email@example.com or calling 0447 211 835.
Position applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 28 January 2020
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for a job vacancy here, please ensure you do the following:
- Download and read the position description via the link above
- Write your responses to the position’s selection criteria
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist for your application
- Your responses to the position’s selection criteria
- Your resume / CV
- Electronic copies of any formal qualifications you might have