Helping families to grow in their own unique way
Life can be stressful for parents and carers of children. There are times when they need a bit of extra support to help them get through challenging times.
Flourishing Families is a Northern Rivers Community Gateway initiative to assist our Rainbow Region Kids families that need a little extra help to get things back on track.
This service offers personalised, wrap-around assistance. Our aim is to see each family thrive and reach their full potential
How does Flourishing Families work?
Our specialised, professional staff are trauma-informed practitioners who have expertise in working with children and families. We use a strength-based approach to identify a family’s needs and fast-track them to services of their choice.
Flourishing Families provides:
- Family support
- Parenting guidance and resources
- Educational and developmental assessment
- Behaviour management strategies
- Self care and resilience building
- Vocational pathways
- Service coordination and referrals
Plus pathways to other Northern Rivers Community Gateway services:
- Parenting support
- Social connection groups
- Child, youth and adult counselling
- Outside school hours and vacation childcare
- Nutritional guidance
- Emergency relief
- Financial counselling
- NILS and StepUp loans
- Aboriginal housing advocacy
- Aboriginal gambling help
- Supported playgroups
Who do we assist?
Any family who accesses our Rainbow Region Kids service is eligible. We offer these families individualised support at no cost. We accept referrals from other service providers, we value diversity and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds.
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, 11 Perry St, Alstonville
- Casino West Public School, 84 Hotham Street, Casino West
- Lismore Public School, 10 Pound Street, Lismore
- Kyogle Public School, 192-196 Summerland Way, Kyogle
- Wollongbar Public School, Simpson Avenue, Wollongbar