Housing and homelessness forum includes local politicians
We recently partnered with NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS), Homelessness NSW, the Northern Rivers Housing Forum and the Building Great Communities Coalition to organise a pre-election forum on housing and homelessness.
The Northern Rivers Housing and Homelessness Pre-Election Forum happened at Ballina Surf Club yesterday. We were joined by a panel of local politicians:
- Tamara Smith, New South Wales member for Ballina
- Sue Higginson, Greens candidate for Lismore
- Alison Waters, Animal Justice Party candidate for Lismore
- Asren Pugh, Country Labor candidate for Ballina
- Austin Curtin, Nationals candidate for Lismore presented his approach via a prerecorded video message.
- David Shoebridge, Greens member of the New South Wales Legislative Council, also made a surprise appearance in the audience.
The panel responded to questions and statements from the audience of community members and professional workers in housing and homelessness. Some excellent discussion was created and the panel members were able to express what strategies they intend to employ in order to deal with the issues.
Here are some photos from the day.