Budget Counselling is a free and confidential service to help you work out where your money is going, how to save and how to get on top of your bills.
What do we do?
We work with you in a friendly confidential way to:
- Assess your financial situation and your options
- Prepare a budget identifying spending and potential savings
- Develop a money plan which includes goals to address financial problems
- Make practical suggestions on implementing your money plan and achieving your goals
- Refer you to other relevant services and agencies
We also provide an Online Budget Resource Kit, a free online service to help you manage your Budget.
Who do we help?
Anyone on a low income who needs a budget or money plan to:
- Manage household expenses
- Address debt issues
- Save for expensive items like a holiday, car or deposit on a home
- Save to invest
- Plan for the future and unexpected events
- Apply for a No Interest Loan or a Low Interest Loan (NILS)
- Present to the Bank, the Court, Creditors, Tenancy Tribunal or Trustees