The Northern Rivers Community Gateway (NRCG) is a not for profit, registered charity formed in 1976.
We provide welfare and community capacity building programs for disadvantaged individuals and communities. Our services and programs extend to the Far North Coast, New England, Mid North Coast and across NSW.
Our purpose is to:
- Strategically secure funds to deliver programs and services targeting socially and economically disadvantaged individuals and families
- Establish an evidence base to plan, develop and manage innovative programs that deliver a positive social impact and develop individual and community capacity
- Provide facilities that support community groups and services to promote community engagement and harmony
- Provide collaborative leadership to celebrate diversity and advocate for social justice
- Advocate for empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Provide opportunities for service users to have a voice in the decisions that affect their lives.
We are governed by a Board of Management made up of individuals from a range of professional fields residing in NSW, and have a passionate and professional workforce of over 65 staff and 500 registered volunteers. Funding for our programs and services comes from a variety of agencies, sponsors, fundraising and social enterprise initiatives.
Our Vision: Many Tracks, One Road, Sustaining Community
Our Values underpin the work that we do: Vision, Commitment, Integrity, Respect, Innovative