Vision: Many tracks, one road - sustaining community
The Lismore Neighbourhood Centre Incorporated, trading as the Northern Rivers Community Gateway (NRCG) is a not-for-profit, incorporated community organisation formed in 1976 and incorporated in 1977.
The Northern Rivers Community Gateway is governed by a Board of Directors. The board is made up of professionals working and residing across NSW.
Northern Rivers Community Gateway receives funding for its projects and programs from a variety of agencies, sponsors, donors and fund raising initiatives.
NRCG PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a person-centred organisation that promotes, develops and delivers best practice services to the community. We achieve this by:
• Securing funds to provide programs and services for individuals and groups with an emphasis on social and economic disadvantage and vulnerable individuals and families;
• Planning, establishing and managing programs and services which provide information, advocacy and community-based support;
• Providing facilities and support to community groups and services that promote community harmony;
• Providing leadership on community issues and trends; report on these issues and trends to relevant government departments, advisory/stakeholder groups and politically elected representatives to influence policy development;
• Advocating for reconciliation in Australia with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
• Facilitating community consultation and engagement to improve service delivery and encourage service user involvement in the decisions which affect their lives;
• Conducting research to identify gaps in service delivery, obtain data on issues affecting the community, and offer recommendations at both a local and strategic level; and
• Advocating for social justice and equity for all.